Working in partnership with other agencies and private business we have shared many past successes including:
- Obtaining tax-designated status for the Tallaght Town Centre leading to the construction of The Square Shopping Centre. This in turn has seen a major influx of new businesses to the area over the last decade.
- Locating and building of the Institute of Technology, Tallaght.
- The development of a Regional Teaching Hospital at Tallaght.
- The location of the National Digital Park in Citywest.
- Involved in pioneering new business development services for the small and medium business sector.
- Launched the 'South Dublin Development Strategy 2001-2016, currently being developed.
- Supported the South Dublin County Council on the development of Grange Castle.
- In 2007 South Dublin Chamber called for meaningful reform of local Government as a means of driving the local economy.
- South Dublin Chamber has the unique distinction of being the only Irish business organisation to have achieved National, European and World awards for its work.
- Chambers Ireland, the representative body of the chamber movement, awarded South Dublin Chamber “Chamber of the year” for its service to members
- EuroChambres awarded South Dublin Chamber its Presidents award for outstanding contribution to promoting employment.
- World Chambers Federation awarded South Dublin Chamber an award for Innovation in Education and Training.
- The Chamber was also awarded the CCI – Perpetual Tourism Award and the CCS – Civic Award
We greatly appreciate the recognition and acknowledgment of our work for the business community of South Dublin