South Dublin County Business Awards 2018
19th October 2018
Applications are open to any Business and Not-For-Profit Organisation based in or doing business in South Dublin County.
Please complete the application form and return it along with any supporting material to email@example.com.
Events and Project Executive
South Dublin Chamber.
Tallaght Business Centre
Whitestown Business Park
Dublin D24 K59A
Tel: 00 353 1 4585235 Fax: 00 353 1 4599512
Mobile: 086 3835725
Guidelines for Submission
Please ensure that you answer all questions. You should aim to write no more than 1500 words in total. You may attach a maximum of two pieces of supplementary evidence (such as photographs) to your submission
Corporate Social Responsibility Award
This award is designed to celebrate any company who has gone above and beyond compliance with minimum legal requirements to address both its’ own competitive interests and the interests of the community. The winning company will be able to demonstrate how it has promoted business activities which have brought simultaneous economic, environmental, and community benefits.
Best Not-For-Profit Organisation
This award is aimed at recognising outstanding performance by a not-for-profit organisation in the South Dublin area.
Best Small Business Award
Is your small business thriving? Have you exceeded your expectations and forecasts? The judges will be looking for a small independently owned business that has 10 staff (FTE) or less, whose growth and quality of management has enabled it to out-perform the competition.
Best Start-Up/New Business Award
This award is open to all business which has started in last two years as of 21st September 2018. Judges will look for evidence of your strategic approach to business, how you have implemented your plans and your future prospects.
Best International Trade Award
This award is designed to recognise any company who can demonstrate how they have expanded their customer base and increased their export business in the last year.
Innovation in Business Award
This award is aimed at celebrating any business that has designed, implemented and managed an effective infrastructure spanning all business and/or manufacturing processes to result in significant and sustainable success. Your company may have achieved significant success with a particular product, process or service innovation that has brought about significant performance improvements in the past 12 months as of 21st September 2018.
Best Sales/Marketing Campaign Award
This award is open to any business that has carried out an innovative, creative and effective marketing campaign during the last twelve months as of 21st September 2018
Best Networker Award
This award is designed to recognise any person in business who can show how their networking contributes to their business growth.
Environmentally Friendly Business Award
Entrants to this award must be able to demonstrate a significant proactive commitment to implementing environmentally sustainable business processes. These may include energy efficiency, green procurement, cleaner production and pollution prevention.
Mystery Shopping Award Categories
The following four awards are judged by mystery shopper:
- Best Place to Eat Award
This is an award designed to celebrate the best food and service in the area. If you want to be recognised for your contribution to the food-loving public then this is the award for you to enter.
- Customer Service – Tourism & Hospitality Award
This category is open to any tourism or hospitality business including hotels, conference and banqueting venues, visitor attractions, museums, historic houses, and exhibition centres.
- Customer Service – Retail Award
This award is open to all retail stores, who want to be recognised for their exceptional and unique customer care.
- Sport and Leisure Award
This category is open to all gyms, fitness and sports centres offering services and activities to visitors and members.
Rules of Entry
All entries must be completed using an official entry form in order to be judged
- All entries are free and must be received by 5.00pm on Friday 21st September 2018
- Once a candidate has been announced as a finalist, it cannot withdraw from the competition.
- All information supplied by entrants will be treated in the strictest confidence, with all judges obliged to sign non-disclosure agreements.
- The person’s whose name is on the entry form as “Contact Name” will be the permanent contact throughout the course of the awards program, and will receive all correspondence, including receipt of entry and winning-entry acknowledgements.
- If it is found that any entrant has knowingly provided false information on their application for their entry, the organiser reserves the right to withdraw any entry at any time submitted by that organisation.
- The award winners will be announced at the gala dinner taking place on 19th October 2018. Winners may be requested to participate in post-event publicity.
- The decisions of the judges will be final and will not be subject to any appeal. All entrants must agree to be bound by them.
- By entering or agreeing to participate in these awards all entrants agree to the above terms and conditions.