Certificate of Origin
Some countries request a Certificate of Origin with imports. An authorised Certificate of Origin provides this proof and South Dublin Chamber is authorised by the Department of Enterprise Trade & Employment to issue Export Documentation and Certificates of Origin. The type of Certificate required varies according to the destination of the goods, e.g. member States of the Arab League require an (Arab-Irish Certificate Origin). European Union countries require a European Union Certificate of Origin (EU Certificate)
Before a company can apply for a Certificate of Origin certain information is required by the Chamber.
- Indemnity Form must be completed by the company before the Chamber can provide certification service. The undertaking of indemnification is needed with respect to information provided by the company to the Chamber. The company agrees to abide by standard rules and indemnifies the Chamber against inaccuracy of documents or misleading information.
- A list of authorised signatories for the company on the company’s headed paper, (with sample of signature). The signatories will be authorised to sign applications for certificates on behalf of the company: the (pink) application form of the European Certificate of Origin or the blue & green sheets of the Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin and documentation will only be accepted from those on the authorised list.
- Non-members of South Dublin Chamber must supply the Chamber with a copy of their company’s Certificate of Incorporation.
Certificates of Origin certified online.
It is possible to have Certificates of Origin certified online. esscert.com is an online export documentation and certification service, providing compliant trade documentation to Irish exporters
Once you are registered to use the system you simply log in and enter all details. Shortly after your online submission, we will apply our official Chamber stamp and signature digitally. Benefits of the system:
Save money on couriers, post and staff time
Save time as the risk of your document being rejected is eliminated
For further information visit www.esscert.com
Certificates for Arab Destinations:
Where an exporter wishes to send goods to an Arab state it is necessary to use an Arab-Irish Certificate of Origin. Following processing by South Dublin Chamber, the Certificate should be sent to the Joint Arab-Irish Chamber of Commerce, 60 Merrion Square, Dublin 2 to be officially stamped and signed.
Arab – Irish Certificates of Origin
The following countries require Arab-Irish Certificates of Origin:
- Democratic & Popular Republic of Algeria
- State of Bahrain
- Republic of Iraq
- Republic of Djibouti
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- State of Kuwait
- Republic of Lebanon
- Socialist People’s Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Sultanate of Oman
- State of Qatar
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Somali Democratic Republic
- Republic of Tunisia
- United Arab Emirates
- Republic of Yemen
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Republic of Sudan
How to Register for Certification
Before a company can apply for a Certificate of Origin, the Chamber requires the following information:
An Indemnity Form – must be completed and duly witnessed
A list of Authorised Signatories – must be provided on headed notepaper. Only authorised signatories can sign the application forms for Certificates of Origin
In addition, non-members must provide a copy of their company’s CRO
For further information contact: Lisa Hyland or Mary Grassick at tel: 01 4622107 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Service available: 9.00am – 1.00pm and 2.00pm – 5.00pm – Monday to Friday
Burgmann Packings Ltd
Burgmann Packings Ltd has regular dealings with South Dublin Chamber and avail of their Export Documentation service. The staff there are very efficient, reliable and with the required level of expertise. We are always very happy with the service.
Becky Zhao Burgmann Packings Ltd
Trulife is very happy to say that the service offered by South Dublin Chamber for attesting certificates of origin and all original paperwork is quick, efficient and professional. Trulife and the chamber have a very good relationship, and long may it continue!
Wendy Burgess Trulife Citywest Business Campus Dublin 24
Henkel Ireland Limited
We, at Henkel, are always guaranteed a thoroughly professional and concise service which is always accompanied by a friendly smile from the very adept lady Marcella. We also use the online service which is a great accompaniment to the business for its convenience.
Linda Sheridan Henkel Ireland Ltd